Please Note: Deadline for Entry was 21 Jan 2015
At Flux we’d like to celebrate your sheer skill and creative genius…..It’s competition time!
• Fancy winning some Gem Treasure to inspire your next class?
• Would you like to win your most desired course on the Flux 14/15 program?
• Would it tickle you to see your name in lights as the People’s Popular Choice?
• Are you a junior genius?
• Don’t know us? How would you like to win a taster session at Flux Jewellery School?
We have these 5 great prizes to give away, and some others too.
It’s not complicated; all you need to do is this –
Send us a picture of your favourite piece of jewellery, via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (if you are a luddite, email us for alternative means to submit!). Beside it write words or a short sentence to describe how it makes you feel.
Category 1 – For the ‘Most Original Piece’ of jewellery
Prize – A fabulous selection of amazing jewels to inspire your next creations
Category 2 – For the ‘Most Technically Accomplished’ piece of jewellery
Prize – One free place on a course of your choice from the current Flux Jewellery School programme of courses.
Category 3 – People’s Choice – the most liked piece of work submitted via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Prize – your name in lights! A People’s choice jewellery gallery will be placed on our website with the most loved piece taking centre stage.
Category 4 – Family Workshop Junior Genius – goes to the most amazing item made on one of our family workshops.
Prize – a handful of semi-precious beads and some wire to make another incredible creation!
Category 5– Outside-In award – goes to the best piece made by a non-professional jeweller
Prize – 6 hours of workshop access at Flux Studios
Cat 1-4 – The photo you enter can be of a piece you have made at any time. Limited to one photo per category.
Cat 5 – Entrants must be non-professional jewellers.
Limited to one photo entry per person.
- Take a photo of your piece of jewellery. We suggest you use a smartphone to take your picture. Make sure you capture its best qualities in the photo.
The ideal photo size for us is 500 pixels x 500 pixels, at 150 res.
- Tag your image with #fluxjewelleryschool
- Think about your caption. How does this piece of jewellery make you feel? (a few words, a sentence or a very short paragraph.)
- Upload your image
Facebook users: to the Flux Jewellery School Facebook page
Twitter users: send it to us (@fluxstudios)
Instagram users: upload the pic, tagging us with #fluxjewelleryschool at the start of the caption.
Luddites: If you don’t use any of these social media channels you can send us a pic by email to us here firstname.lastname@example.org (500 pixels x 500 pixels, at 150 res.), and we’ll upload and enter it for you.
To be in with a chance for the People’s Choice award, tell your friends to check out your post via social media, and like it!
Competition closes 6pm 21 Jan and winners will be announced 28 Jan 2015.
Categories 1, 2, 4, 5
1. Winners will be chosen by the Flux Studios team of tutors and jewellers.
2. No discussions will be entertained.
3. Prizes will be awarded only on the merit of the photo submitted – do not send us additional material as this will not be considered.
4. The judges decision is final in all cases.
5. Winners will be announced via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and our website on 28 Jan 2015.
6. Prizes must be collected from Flux Jewellery School, 2F Vanguard Court, rear of 36-38 Peckham Road, SE5 8QT (We open 13 Jan 2015, so at a time to be arranged on or after this date)
The winner will be identified as having the most likes from the public. All entries will be presented on the Flux Jewellery School website. The People’s Choice will be clearly featured in the Students gallery.