Our contractual agreement when you make a booking:
- Fees must be paid in full, in advance of the course start date.
- Once your full payment has been received, your place is booked, and you will receive a confirmation email from us.
- Payments should be made using the online booking form. This system offers a secure way to pay using paypal, debit or credit card. (you do not need to have a paypal account to use this facility).
- If you cannot use the online booking form we can also take cash or credit card payments in person at the studio. We no longer accept cheques.
- Where there is more than one fee option it is your responsibility to choose the correct fee for your course.
- Concessionary-fee places are provided at our own expense, and places are limited. If you choose the concessionary fee option for your course you may be asked to prove this when you arrive for your first class. We reserve the right to charge a top – up fee if you have mistakenly chosen the wrong fee.
Materials for 6 and 10 Week Courses:
- We provide you with standard materials at the start of the projects your course. These include basic, non-precious materials and consumables you are likely to use on your course. Where specified you may also receive some silver or gemstones, which are included in the course fee.
- If you have an ambitious project in mind you may need to purchase your own materials. You will find additional info about general, recommended tools and materials here, and favourite suppliers are listed here.
Materials for Short Courses, Southwark Courses and Family Workshops:
- All materials you need for the course will be provided. Where precious materials are included fair usage applies, and if you wish to work on multiple or large items in precious materials we may need to charge you an excess fee at cost.
Cancellations By You
- In the event that you can no longer attend a course you have booked on, we will issue a full refund if you notify us 3 weeks in advance of the start date.
- If you notify us within 3 weeks of the course start, we will offer a swap to any other course of similar length (for example, we will swap a spring term booking for a summer term course, or a weekend ring course for a weekend etching course at a different date)
- Once a course has begun, we cannot offer a refund, as we will be unable to fill the place you occupied. You may be able to take advantage of the flexible access we offer. See below for details
Cancellations By Us
- Our courses a generally very well subscribed but occasionally we choose a bad date (eg, festivals, sporting finals, transport problems) and this can impact on bookings or late cancellations.
- If we need to cancel a course we will always issue a refund, or if you prefer you may wish to transfer to any other course of a similar length that we have to offer.
- If we are short on bookings 2 weeks prior to the course date we will inform you by email, and you may request a refund, a transfer, or you may be willing to wait until closer to the run date before choosing to withdraw.
- In the latter case, if you choose to wait till closer to the start date to see if we can gain any last minute bookings we will keep you informed each week until we decide whether to cancel or run the course.
- If your course has begun and consequently find you cannot attend future classes, where possible we offer a flexible access policy. This means we will endeavour to swap to another course that is also currently running – subject to there being space.
- If on our 6 and 10 week courses there are occasional dates you cannot make because of unexpected commitments, you can use the flexible access to catch up on workshop hours so you don’t fall behind with your projects. This generosity is subject to fair usage, and can only work if used with consideration for your tutors and fellow students.
- We respect your privacy and will never share your personal information with any third party, other company or individual unless it is part of our service or unless we are required to by the Law. This is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any information that we collect from you will be voluntary offered (for example through forms and emails). All this data will be treated in confidence and will only be used for the purpose that it is indented Your email address may be added to our mailing list so that we can use it to send out our newsletters or contact you about special offers, however you can unsubscribe to this at any time. Any financial details given to us directly or sent via the website will not be stored or collected. All payments online and in person are taken either via Paypal or through a secure online booking system. This information is confidential and we will not keep or share these details with anyone.
- Links to other websites are given in good faith, however we are not in control of the information they provide or the way they may use information you disclose to them. We cannot be held responsible in any way for their activities.
Privacy/Data policy : More details here
- All concepts, images, graphics, intellectual property and all other content on this site © Vicky Forrester 2014
- All material contained in this website and belonging to Flux Studios must not be duplicated, copied or reproduced without expressed consent from Vicky Forrester.
- The content of this website and all information given to you by us is for your general use and information only. We reserve the right to change any of our content at anytime. Flux Jewellery School is not liable for any use of the website or reliance on the content, not are they liable if the website is unavailable for any reason.