Inspired – Flux jewellery competition
Annual closing date: 15 December
To celebrate the wild achievements of the people who pass through our doors, we present ‘Inspired’ – an annual competition for jewellery students.
We invite Flux students past, present and future to send us pictures of your favourite pieces of jewellery you have made. We have 4 categories for you to enter.
If you haven’t yet experienced Flux don’t despair, we have a special category for you too. (see category 5)
We have these 5 great prizes to give away, and some others too.
It’s not complicated; all you need to do is this –
- Send us a picture of your favourite piece of jewellery, via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (if you are a luddite, email us for alternative means to submit!).
- Beside it write words or a short sentence to describe how it makes you feel.
- You will need to hashtag to your photo description so we can add it to the Inspired competition entries.Please use this one #inspiredatflux
Creative Genius – For the ‘Most Original Piece’ of jewellery by a Flux student
Prize – A fabulous selection of amazing jewels to inspire your next creations
Technical Genius – for the most technically Accomplished piece of jewellery by a Flux student.
Prize – One free place on a course of your choice from the current Flux Jewellery School programme of courses.
People’s Choice – the most liked piece of work submitted via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, by a Flux student
Prize – your name in lights! A People’s choice jewellery gallery will be placed on our website with the most loved piece taking centre stage.
Junior Genius – goes to the most amazing item made on one of our family workshops.
Prize – a handful of semi-precious beads and some wire to make another incredible creation!
Outside-In – goes to the best piece made by a non-professional jeweller who has not yet been to Flux.
Prize – 6 hours of workshop access at Flux Studios
Cat 1, 2, 3, 4 – The photo you enter can be of a piece you have made at any time. The piece does not have to have been made at Flux but you must have been a Flux students at some point.
Cat 5 – Entrants must be non-professional jewellers who have not yet been to Flux.
- Take a photo of your piece of jewellery. We suggest you use a smartphone to take your picture. Make sure you capture its best qualities in the photo.
The ideal photo size for us is 500 pixels x 500 pixels, at 150 res.
- Tag your image with #inspiredatflux
- Think about your caption. How does this piece of jewellery make you feel? (a few words, a sentence or a very short paragraph.)
- Upload your image via any of these media channels:
Facebook users: to the Flux Jewellery School Facebook page
Twitter users: send it to us (@fluxstudios)
Instagram users: upload the pic, putting #inspiredatflux at the start of the caption for the piece.
Luddites: If you don’t use any of these social media channels you can send us a pic by email to us here email@example.com (500 pixels x 500 pixels, at 150 res.), and we’ll upload and enter it for you.
To be in with a chance for the People’s Choice award, tell your friends to check out your post via social media, and like it!
Competition closes 6pm 15 December each year and winners will be announced 28 Jan 2015.
Categories 1, 2, 4, 5
1. Winners will be chosen by the Flux Studios team of tutors and jewellers.
2. No discussions will be entertained.
3. Prizes will be awarded only on the merit of the photo submitted – do not send us additional material as this will not be considered.
4. The judges decision is final in all cases.
5. Winners will be announced via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and our website on 28 Jan 2015.
6. Prizes must be collected from Flux Jewellery School, 2F Vanguard Court, rear of 36-38 Peckham Road, SE5 8QT (We open 13 Jan 2015, so at a time to be arranged on or after this date)
The winner will be identified as having the most likes from the public via our facebook album Inspired at Flux. All entries will be presented on the Flux Jewellery School website in December. The People’s Choice will be celebrated via facebook and on the Flux Jewellery School website
Inspired at Flux 2014/15 entries